The benefits of ACNS membership are practical and translate into real cost and savings and career advancement opportunites...
For more information, please click on the Benefit Categories below
- Reduced Registration Rates for Meetings & Courses On average, ACNS members save $300 on advance registration to the Annual Meeting & Courses and Fall Courses. The ACNS Annual and Fall Courses provide a review of the fundamentals in both “central" and "peripheral" clinical neurophysiology. The Annual Meeting program reflects the latest scientific advances in clinical neurophysiology presented in both didactic and interactive formats.
- Online Education Members save more than 50% while keeping up to date on the latest advances and receiving CME credit in a convenient on-demand webinar format.
|Clinical Practice & Guidelines
- Guidelines: ACNS members can participate in the development of ACNS’s most referenced resource! ACNS’s technical guidelines and consensus statements are the standards by which the clinical neurophysiology field operates.
- Online Resources: Only ACNS members have access to a number of practical guides on the ACNS website, including:
- Billing & coding information;
- A “Guide to Medical Directorship” to assist members in establishing properly-executed neurophysiology labs;
- Recruiting and staffing guides for clinical neurodiagnostic technologists & lab staff.
- Coding & Reimbursement: ACNS helps its members skillfully navigate regulatory and reimbursement issues and challenges by providing effective advocacy representation and invaluable practice resources. ACNS maintains a seat in the AMA House of Delegates and representation at RUC and CPT, where decisions are made about federal reimbursement rates for procedures ACNS members perform on a daily basis. Resources are posted to the ACNS website regularly, including:
- Analysis of the Medicare Physician Fee Schedules and HOPPS releases; and
- Updates on CPT coding changes
|GME & Training
- In-Service Examination: Members save 40% on registration for the annual self-assessment exam. Residents and Fellows can test their knowledge in clinical neurophysiology, and Program Directors can use results to assess where their programs and trainees need additional education.
- Young Investigator Travel Awards: Up to six eligible members will receive free registration for the Annual Meeting and reimbursement of travel funds up to $1,000.
- Trainee Scholarships: Up to 25 grants are awarded to residents and fellows affiliated with eligible ACGME-recognized Clinical Neurophysiology, Epilepsy or Neuromuscular fellowship programs.
- CNP Bootcamp: Members receive a discounted rate for a six-week, online program featuring more than 30 hours of on-demand and live instruction and designed to expose residents and fellows to the basics of CNP in the beginning of their training.
|Innovation & Research
- Journal of Clinical Neurophysiology Subscription: Valued at more than $400 per year, ACNS members receive unlimited online access plus six print issues of the Journal of Clinical Neurophysiology included in the cost of dues.
- Clinical Research Consortia Support: ACNS recognizes the importance of supporting independent research consortia that bring groups of clinical investigators, including predominately ACNS members! A number of these consortia hold their meetings and present the results of their research at the ACNS Annual Meeting, offering members an opportunity to get involved in research projects that impact the field.
- International Collaboration: With an active presence in the international clinical neurophysiology community, ACNS presents members with an opportunity to connect with and learn from researchers and clinicians from around the world.
- ACNS’s Joint International Symposia program brings the latest advancements from around the world to member’s fingertips right at the Annual Meeting;
- The Speaker Support Program offers ACNS members the opportunity to travel to meetings outside the US to share knowledge and advance the ACNS mission globally.
- ACNS Connect & Member Directory: Looking for a mentor? Hoping to reconnect with a colleague from fellowship? Generally interested in networking? ACNS members have exclusive access to ACNS Connect, the official discussion board of ACNS, as well as the Membership Directory, making it easy to reach out and network with the best clinical neurophysiologists in the world!
- Career Center: Have an open position and looking for qualified candidates? ACNS members save 60% on job postings on the ACNS Career Center. Job seekers have complimentary access to the Job Board.